To do well in this role you need a very fine eye for detail, experience as a data analyst, and a deep understanding of the popular data analysis tools and databases.
BI Tools: PowerBI, Tableau, Metabase, Superset (at least one of these, but any other tool works too)
Strong SQL Concepts : MySQL, MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL (at least one of these, but any other database works too)
Optional: Python, Jupyter Notebook, Cloud DBs like Amazon Redshift or BigQuery, Data Warehouses like Snowflake
Desired Candidate Profile:
- Designing and maintaining data systems, databases and BI dashboards.
- Provide quality assurance of imported data, working with quality assurance analysts if necessary.
- Processing confidential data and information according to guidelines.
- Mining data from primary and secondary sources, then reorganizing said data in a format that can be easily read by either human or machine.
- Helping develop reports and analysis using various tools.
- Managing and designing the reporting environment, including data sources, security, and metadata.
- Supporting the data warehouse in identifying and revising reporting requirements.
- Supporting initiatives for data integrity and normalization.
- Assessing tests and implementing new or upgraded software and assisting with strategic decisions on new systems.
- Providing technical expertise in data storage structures, data mining, and data cleansing.
- Ability to work with stakeholders to assess potential risks.
- Ability to analyze existing tools and databases and provide software solution recommendations.
- Ability to translate business requirements into non-technical, lay terms.
- Demonstrated experience in handling large data sets and databases.
- Understanding of addressing and metadata standards.
- High-level written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelors or Masters degree (MCA, B Tech, M Tech, B.E, preferably in computer science) OR practical experience on freelancing projects, open source contribution, rank in coding challenges or stack overflow.